Friday 6 January 2012

Nissan day 2

So I was put onto the pre employment training for Nissan in Sunderland, where they train you in all the techniques that Nissan use for building cars, the end result is the chance of a line trial if you're good enough, or perhaps working in the paint shop or the body shop.

It's a 6 week course 2 days a week, from 8 in the morning till 4:30 in the evening and after two days, I'm really enjoying it, the first morning was the usual form filling induction nonsense that you get with most places, and the afternoon spend doing maths, which I've not done in a formal way for about twenty years, so I'm a little rusty.

Today was about learning to screw bolts into a training jig with an air gun, which looks easy when they do it during the formula one but is much more difficult especially trying to fit 12 bolts in under 37 seconds, the quickest I managed was 45 seconds and that wasn't too bad but I'll need to be quicker which hopefully should come in time.

The afternoon was about maths again but part of it was memory techniques and a group exercise of building a bridge, which was a nice change and we managed to support 8 calculators without the bridge collapsing.

The depression reared it's ugly head for a while, meaning I was struck with that awful feeling of lethargy and listlessness, where all I wanted to do was drink the 2 leftover cans of lager in the cupboard, that I've been leaving as part of having no booze for as long as I can manage to escape the routine of drinking on certain days because that's what I've always done, thankfully writing this blog post seems to have pulled me out of thinking being dead wouldn't be such a bad idea.

So after a good start to the day, it almost ended with me breaking my semi resolution, to alleviate my feelings of numbness.

Well, let's see what tomorrow brings, it'll not be saints row 3, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment